Saturday, June 29, 2013

Junior Shark Ambassador Getting Positive Press


Alyssa is only 9 years old, but sharks are lucky to have here on their team! She already has passion and ambition to help these animals and will continue to be a force; fighting for sharks.

Alyssa’s dad recently sent me a newspaper article about her shark project and I was in tears by the end. I have written numerous times about the struggles, frustration and pain; all frequent emotions felt by shark conservationists across the planet, but articles like this give us that amazing 4 letter word, HOPE. I was completely blown away with her mention of me in the article and felt my heart overwhelmed with happiness.

ARTICLE

Alyssa defines hope. Unbiased and raw hope, unscathed by the cynicism society can deposit on all of us. Kids like Alyssa are the reason to keep fighting. Kids deserve to see sharks and it is not only our right, but also our duty to fight for our oceans and for sharks. She shows the world that anyone, no matter how old you are, can be heard.

THANKS ALYSSA!!!!!


Alyssa's Shark Project

No comments:

Post a Comment